NAINI GROUP OF INDUSTRIES
(MOVING AHEAD WITH SOCIAL FOOT PRINTS)
At “NAINI” we are committed to operate and grow our business in a socially responsible way. In everything we do there is a strong commitment to wider, all-round social progress, as well as to a sustainable development that balances the needs of the present with those of the future. Our vision is to grow our business whilst reducing the environmental impact of our operations and increasing our positive social impact towards improving quality of life of the communities around.
OUR CSR PROJECTS
- Promoting Education & Sanitation:
In line with the “Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan” and “Swachha Bharat Campaign” of the Government of India, we have initiated a CSR Project “Promoting Education by Creating Sanitation & Drinking Water Facility at Government Schools” under which we are making our sincere efforts to provide a better overall educational environment to approx 1500 underprivileged school children who are pursuing their educational dreams in Government schools at Kashipur & Jaspur Tehsils of Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand. Initially, we have adopted total six (06) government primary and higher primary schools in the first phase. We are committed to provide following types of facilities to modernize these schools with an allocated budget of approx INR 33 Lacs;
- Construction of separate Toilet Blocks for Boys & Girls.
- Construction and Repair of overall existing infrastructure i.e. school buildings, boundary walls, class rooms, floors, kitchens, play grounds and electrical fittings.
- Complete white wash of the school building as well as painting of all doors & windows.
- Installation of submersibles under 200 feet of ground for un-interrupted supply of good quality drinking water within the school premise.
- Separate Drinking Water & Hand Wash Stations, a place within the school itself where students can drink water and clean their hands before and after having their Mid-day-meal.
- Distribution of Fans, School Kits, Dental Kits and Utensils for mid-day-meal.
- Construction of Mid-Day-Meal area covered by Tin-shed along with development & maintenance of green area.
Our efforts are not limited to just creation of above facilities but also to ensure their maintenance and sustainability under this program.
A provision to provide Hygiene training to the Students and school Teachers is also there under this program which will be provided by the member doctors of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP), Kashipur.
- Financial Assistance for Computer Lab at School:
We have given five (05) computers as assistance for development of a computer lab at “Vivekanand Vidhya Mandir Inter College” situated at Kashipur. This is a Government recognized self-aided Co-ed School which provide quality education on a nominal fee to more than 900 students from class LKG to 12th. Earlier Computer was not included as a subject in the school curriculum but after development of this computer lab at the school, now regular computer classes are being conducted therein and numbers of students of the school are now enriching themselves by getting computer education too.
- In efforts to reduce the environmental impact of our overall business operations, Naini Group companies are encouraged to support and join environmental conservation activities, which are designed in line with the Naini Group Environmental Policy. In past we have been engaged in various environment protection activities such as plantation of trees, water well recharge and ground water recharge etc. Environment Protection:
A project of rain water harvesting in Gauba Khas Village in Ramnagar has also been completed successfully under our CSR programs. Under this Gabion Plugs was constructed in a channel to reduce speed of water flow which promotes soil moisture and provides more time to get absorb more water by it and thus ground water can be recharged in a more positive way.